View Full Version : Blog-reading software

Reader5
07-26-2005, 03:36 AM
Would anyone care to offer thoughts/comments on good software for reading blogs, both on and off-line? I have tried both FeederReader and Ilium Newsbreak. FR seemed difficult to set up but Newsbreak caused stability issues.

Thoughts

allentjk
07-26-2005, 07:48 AM
u may want to try Bloglines..

http://www.bloglines.com/about/

cheers ;)

GSmith
07-26-2005, 04:27 PM
If you need help setting up FeederReader, I'm always on the FeederReader Forums helping people (or checking for people to help!).

FeederReader is a little complicated I believe because it is so powerful. There are lots of options in FeederReader to set it up exactly as you would like to read. I support the "River of Blogs" method as well as "Read all the Blogs" method of reading blogs and news. Because of this flexibility, it can be a little daunting to use. The defaults are set to "Read all the Blogs" method and you can adjust when messages are expired based on whether you've read it or not.

FeederReader is also designed to simultaneously read blogs/news and to listen to podcasts all while downloading new feeds.

Ask any question you want on the FeederReader forums. There's a dedicated forum for "Getting Started" that would be perfect.

I rely in part on questions asked on the forums to determine which parts of the user interface need to be reviewed and tweaked. If you use FeederReader for 2 weeks, I think it will make more sense.

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Pocket PC *direct* RSS text, audio, video, podcasts
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road