View Full Version : HTC ROM 1.40 upgrade known bugs (Blue Angel/Verizon Harier/MDA-III.IMATE PDA2K)

rdaprix
07-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Guys:

I’ve spent the past few days working on fixing my device after the ROM upgrade. After speaking with both “On the go solutions” David Feldman and with IMATE Technical support in Dubai several times, there are several known issues.

The purpose of this post is to urge you NOT to upgrade to the 1.40 ROM image and ‘improved’ radio stack until these known bugs and issues are resolved. WANRING: UPGRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

The known issues specifically are as follows—a patch will be coming out in mid August, but not until then. NOTE: these issues were previously identified on the IMATE JAM, but not identified on the PDA2K—in other words, they didn’t think it would affect the PDA2K, but it does. They have the IMATE JAM patch, but not for the PDA2K.

Here are the issues:

I have done a hard reboot of the device and put all the settings in from scratch again, and removed all third party software to make certain there are no conflicts.

The result is the same. There are two bugs in the 1.40 (latest) ROM version I can identify:

1) My IMATE PDA2K is always connected to the GPRS network because I use a ‘goodlink’ license. After receiving or making a phone call, the device is unable to connect to the GPRS data network without a soft reboot every time. Specifically, the large “G” remains telling you that you are connected the GSM network, but if you click send/receive on the goodlink e-mail or pop3 e-mail you will get the ‘connecting to GPRS’ message until it times out and then get the error message: ‘Dialed:internet3.voicestream.com Cannot connect for an unknown reason. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap settings. If the problem continues, reset your mobile device according to your manufacturer’s specifications and try again.

2) The power settings do not work. I have the device set to power off on batter power after three minutes of no activity. (Start/Settings/system/Power/Advanced: on battery power, checked ‘turn off device if not used for three minutes.” This does not work—instead the device remains on when on battery power, but the backlight shuts off after three minutes. This is obviously problematic as the power drains quickly when the device remains constantly on.

The first issues may be carrier specific, though I doubt it since the other issue (power settings) seems to be a bug in the ROM.

One additional note—if you are using T-mobile as your carrier (I do) then they have a cab file that automatically pumps in the correct settings so that under connections in the set up menu you will have a “T-zones” connection choice that will set things up for you.

That’s handy, but only if your device works.

I strongly urge users of this device to wait on the ROM upgrade until such time as these issues are addressed.

Dale and Paragon—if you guys are moderating this board, you may want to re-post or cross-post this caution in other areas so people are aware of the problems. Thanks!