View Full Version : Syncing Quicken w/Cash Organizer ?

mountainfrog
07-24-2005, 11:20 PM
I own SPB Finance (previous purchase) and Cash Organizer (more recent purchase). I have not been able to sync Cash Organizer with Quicken yet as I own Quicken 2002. Cash Organizer will not sync with this older version of quicken. SPB Finance will sync. When SPB Finance syncs with Quicken, though, all of the transactions on the PDA can no longer be edited. Does this occur with Cash Organizer as well?

montana1
07-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Cash Organizer syncs flawlessly with Quicken 2004 which I use. One can edit previously synchronized transactions on the PDA. With the next sync these edited transactions on CO are then transfered to Quicken on the PC.

christheswiss
07-25-2005, 12:00 PM
I am not certain, but I don't think you can synchronize two programs at the same time. I would disable syncing with the original finance program in active sync and then try to sync again with Cash Organizer.
I use CO with Money 2004 without any problems.

mountainfrog
07-25-2005, 05:41 PM
thank you both for your answers. It is too bad that SPB Finance wont let you edit previously synced transactions. It functions as a secondary app while Quicken becomes the primary/master app. Since I carry my pda with me a lot, I use the PDA as my primary and quicken only for its reports & online stuff. Kinda backwards..I know.

It looks like I will need to upgrade Quicken and use Cash Organizer in orde to edit synced transactions. The latest version of Cash Organizer only supports Quicken 2003, 2004, and 2005. I own 2002 so the two are not compatible for syncing. Thanks again for your help.

Darius Wey
07-25-2005, 05:50 PM
thank you both for your answers. It is too bad that SPB Finance wont let you edit previously synced transactions. It functions as a secondary app while Quicken becomes the primary/master app. Since I carry my pda with me a lot, I use the PDA as my primary and quicken only for its reports & online stuff. Kinda backwards..I know.

That's odd. Although I'll admit I've not tested it with Quicken, edited transactions sync up fine with Microsoft Money and Spb Finance.

montana1
07-26-2005, 09:01 AM
It looks like I will need to upgrade Quicken and use Cash Organizer in orde to edit synced transactions. The latest version of Cash Organizer only supports Quicken 2003, 2004, and 2005. I own 2002 so the two are not compatible for syncing. Thanks again for your help.

Make sure that you go for Cash Organizer Companion and not CO Deluxe. The latter is a stand alone application. CO Companion is the one that sync with Quicken or MS Money