View Full Version : Any Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PCs/Phones released?

kahchong
07-24-2005, 03:28 PM
I would just like to know if there is any newly pocket pcs released that has the Windows Mobile 5.0 on it.

Also, I'm currently holding on a HP iPAQ rx3715 and would like to know whether this model is able to upgrade to Windows Mobile 5.0 through HP.

Besides, I'm considering getting a pocket pc phone like the new O2 XDA IIs that have a cool look but i noticed that most of the pocket pc phones in the market now does not have the Windows Mobile 5 in it.
If possible, i hope to get a better pocket pc phone equiped with better features like a higher-resolution camera, since the O2 XDA IIs currently only have a VGA camera and can't take photos on a landscape full-screen mode, unlike the new HP models.

applejosh
07-24-2005, 03:57 PM
I don't know of any recently released WM5 devices.

THe rx3715 will NOT be upgraded to WM 5.0. HP is only releasing upgrades for the HX2000 series and the HX4700.

Darius Wey
07-24-2005, 03:59 PM
I would just like to know if there is any newly pocket pcs released that has the Windows Mobile 5.0 on it.

None have been formally released into the market yet, but they will be sooner or later (either late this year, or early next year). The big one on show is the HTC Universal. Then there's the E-TEN M600, moboDA 3360 and Gigabyte Einstein (all packed with Windows Mobile 5.0). It has been said that the E-TEN M500 will receive an upgrade to the new platform sometime in November, if I recall correctly.

Also, I'm currently holding on a HP iPAQ rx3715 and would like to know whether this model is able to upgrade to Windows Mobile 5.0 through HP.

No, and at the moment, there aren't any signs suggesting that HP will change their mind.

Besides, I'm considering getting a pocket pc phone like the new O2 XDA IIs that have a cool look but i noticed that most of the pocket pc phones in the market now does not have the Windows Mobile 5 in it.

i-mate has already stated that their current range of Pocket PC Phones will not be receiving Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrades, and I doubt O2 would do any better. Instead, they're looking into the future and planning on releasing a new set of Windows Mobile 5.0-ready devices.

If possible, i hope to get a better pocket pc phone equiped with better features like a higher-resolution camera, since the O2 XDA IIs currently only have a VGA camera and can't take photos on a landscape full-screen mode, unlike the new HP models.

If you don't mind the size, I think you'd find the HTC Universal to be a neat device. i-mate has plans to release a self-branded HTC Universal device in the near future, so watch for it. :)