View Full Version : Does your 6600 do this? My device hard resets if the main battery is removed.

Cortex
07-24-2005, 12:59 PM
I've got a relatively new Audiovox vx6600 that does a HARD RESET everytime the main battery is removed!

I bought an extended main battery for the device and I very quickly (less than 10 seconds) swapped out the batteries thinking the backup battery would protect my information. I was shocked to see the thing did a hard reset.

It turns out the extended battery also doesn't fit exactly right (works fine if I put a thin paper spacer along the top edge). I dropped the device twice in 2 days and both times the main battery popped out. Working as fast as I could, I got the battery back in, in about 5 seconds and both times the device still did another hard reset! Grrrr.....

The backup battery says its 100%. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Macguy59
07-24-2005, 06:37 PM
I've got a relatively new Audiovox vx6600 that does a HARD RESET everytime the main battery is removed!

I bought an extended main battery for the device and I very quickly (less than 10 seconds) swapped out the batteries thinking the backup battery would protect my information. I was shocked to see the thing did a hard reset.

It turns out the extended battery also doesn't fit exactly right (works fine if I put a thin paper spacer along the top edge). I dropped the device twice in 2 days and both times the main battery popped out. Working as fast as I could, I got the battery back in, in about 5 seconds and both times the device still did another hard reset! Grrrr.....

The backup battery says its 100%. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Interesting. I didn't think it was supposed to do that if the backup battery was fully charged and working properly.

that dan guy
08-05-2005, 07:05 PM
I have had my 6600 for over a month and have two batteries ( both the type that comes with it) I have never had a problem with this until last weekend when I was out of town and this was the worst possible time for this to happen. I went to switch out batteries and when it powered up it started to go though the initialization it did when I first powered it on. Hard reset! I called verizon and they said that you have to make sure you power it off with the button on the top before you remove the battery. they also recommeded not removing the battery to which I said then it is not really a mobile phone if I have to stand next to the charger because the included battery is short lived. they also said that the 6600 is prone to hard resets and are working on the problem but to make sure you turn it off and wait 5 seconds before swapping out the battery. I have also read that a lot of aftermarket batteries that don't fit properly can cause soft resets because they move and are not securely fastened in place. You would think they would work out these kind of bugs before they sell a $600 phone.

Danno

Cortex
08-15-2005, 07:11 PM
I called verizon and they said that you have to make sure you power it off with the button on the top before you remove the battery.

Danno

Well, I just dropped my phone again! and the battery fell out again! and it hard reset.... AGAIN!!!! I am really sick of this phone. It is far more kludgy than my prior t-mobile PPC phone. What the @*&#& is the backup battery for if it HARD RESETS???????

It pisses me off soooo much when companies make products with such devestating flaws. Good thing they aren't making automobiles and bridges....

KTamas
08-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Yes i had once a hard reset when i took out the battery, but the problem is (according to xda-developers) that the little thingy which ejects the battery - and switches from battery to backup battery - is broken.