View Full Version : Make Calls with ipaq 5550, is that possible ???

PortuguesePDA
07-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Hi to everyone...
I'm new at this forum and i'm searching if i made a good buy.
I have a CF card "AUDIOVOX RTM 800D" and would like to know if it's possible to use this item on my pocket pc to make calls as a mobile phone. Some kind of software and the steps to configure. The only software i have is only to conect to internet by GPRS.
Thanks a lot.
Best Regards,
Sérgio (Portugal)

kahchong
07-23-2005, 12:02 PM
i'm not sure also...
recently, i heard somewhere that those iPAQ h5550 series users have actually found a 'SIM card' slot inside the pocket pc by dismentaling it.

i wonder if it can make a phone call just like the new iPAQ h6365?

PortuguesePDA
07-23-2005, 11:52 PM
i'm not sure also...
recently, i heard somewhere that those iPAQ h5550 series users have actually found a 'SIM card' slot inside the pocket pc by dismentaling it.

i wonder if it can make a phone call just like the new iPAQ h6365?
Yah, i looked there and it have a warranty spamp there, not viewed place.
But the form is as a sim card.
I searched on internet and the closer words i saw was about newer models of 5xxx series could have it. 5555 don't have it and it was dicontinued model.
No any found site about electronic changes on it.
Hoppe anyone can help me.
Thanks.
Regards...

Menneisyys
07-24-2005, 07:44 AM
Much as there is the dummy SIM card place in both the 5450 (this with even the pins) and the 5550. it can't be used. Sorry.

There weren't any models in the 5xxx series that could use the card. The cancelled 56xx series was to become the PDA-phone combo (this is why the 5450, which was released after the cancellation of the 56xx series, has the SIM with even the pins), but it was never released.

PortuguesePDA
07-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Much as there is the dummy SIM card place in both the 5450 (this with even the pins) and the 5550. it can't be used. Sorry.

There weren't any models in the 5xxx series that could use the card. The cancelled 56xx series was to become the PDA-phone combo (this is why the 5450, which was released after the cancellation of the 56xx series, has the SIM with even the pins), but it was never released.
Ok, thanks... :(
Does anyone what to buy a new CF SIM Modem card (Audiovoz RTM8000D).
Regards.