View Full Version : Venturi VClient 3.1: 3G Optimization for Windows Mobile

Darius Wey
07-21-2005, 09:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.venturiwireless.com/solutions/vclient.html' target='_blank'>http://www.venturiwireless.com/solu...ns/vclient.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Venturi Wireless, a global provider of 3G mobile broadband optimization solutions, announced the availability of Venturi VClient version 3.1 for Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC and Smartphone operating systems. The VClient for Smartphones and Pocket PCs brings the full benefits of Venturi's patented optimization technology to data-enabled handsets and mobile devices. With the Venturi VClient installed on the device, subscribers can experience significant improvements in the speed and reliability of their data applications. Consumers and business users can browse the Web, send and receive emails, view videos, download music files, and access critical business applications as much as seven times faster when compared to standard wireless speeds. Beyond faster speeds, the VClient also enhances the user experience by maintaining wireless data connections in poor coverage areas where connection time-outs frequently occur and data sessions are often dropped."</i><br /><br />Venturi Wireless has just released VClient 3.1, a 3G optimisation client for Windows Mobile Pocket PCs and Smartphones. More information can be found <a href="http://www.venturiwireless.com/solutions/vclient.html">here</a>.

07-21-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm a little lost. What exactly does this do?

Darius Wey
07-22-2005, 02:40 AM
I'm a little lost. What exactly does this do?

It's a client for Windows Mobile devices aimed at boosting wireless transmission speeds for applications that use the internet (e.g. Internet Explorer, Messaging, RSS applications, and so on and so forth). It sounds great, but in order to take advantage of it, you need to be connected to a Venturi-optimised provider (something not every Joe User has).

Daimaou
07-22-2005, 01:44 PM
I am using Ventury here in Japan on my PHS Card (GPRS like at 128kbps) and this is FABULOS ! If you don't care having creepy image I strongly advise you to install this soft on ANY Wireless product

I personally love it

07-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Woot!!! Cingular certifies their software.

Does it use compression or something?

Anyone have any experience using this on cingular?

KC
07-23-2005, 01:38 AM
Prior to installing VClient on my HP rx3715 PocketPC I was able to connect to Verizon wireless on my Motorola V710 cell phone via bluetooth just fine. After installing VClient the connection no longer worked and I was getting an error message saying "Cannot connect, end the current phone call and try again". I tried everything, soft reset PocketPC 3 times, power off and on PocketPC and cell phone, delete and reinstall connection settings, delete and reinstall bluetooth pairing, nothing worked.

Tried to uninstall VClient and it wouldn't work so have manually deleted all related files and registry settings and soft reset. Still get the "cannot connect" error. Anybody no how to release the bluetooth connection?

And this only 2 days after being forced into a hard rest.......arrrrrrrrggggggh!