View Full Version : Pocket Plus v3 upgrade - bug?

terrypin
07-21-2005, 08:53 AM
I've just upgraded to version 3.0. There appears to now be something wrong with the 'Close Menu'. When there are no programs running and I click 'X' I see this:

http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/Images/SPB-CloseBug1.gif

which:
- has wasted space
- contains a non-transparent section of my personalised Today image background
- has some very faint text that looks like '...active'; I'm guessing maybe 'no programs active'?

Also, when there is say one program running, the same background problem occurs and there is still an unnecessary gap, like this:

Minimize
Close
Close All

Today
---------------
Spb Imageer x
---------------
Options

Can others reproduce please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

Larry L
07-21-2005, 12:06 PM
I don't think there is a problem. Your background seems to hide the grey text.

Scrol down with your d-pad. You should see every word.

Minimize
Close
Close All
Close All Inactive
Today
Options

Just change background!

Larry L

terrypin
07-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Thanks. I see what you mean. But that's a problem in my book! It certainly didn't look like that in the previous version. I don't want to have to change my Today background to accommodate some quirk in Pocket Plus...

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

nitestrike
07-22-2005, 05:48 AM
Whith both the las and the new version 3 of Pocket plus the "dark" background I have for my today screen has made it a little hard to read for those items that were not selectable or greyed out.

terrypin
07-22-2005, 06:23 AM
Yes, it is definitely harder to read now. There are two reasons IMO:

1. Version 3 is using the actual image for its Close menu background, instead of the'transparent' version used for Today. See how dark the hair is in my earlier screenshot

2. The top menu item, Minimize, is now grey on blue instead of white. (I'm not sure, but this also seems inconsistent; perhaps sometimes v3 is white, and sometimes v2 is grey?)

I would personally like the visibility to be independent of the chosen Today background. Dark text on a solid white background would be fine. Better still, a user-selectable text and background colour.

Seems to be evidence of a poor level of testing by SPB IMO. I've not so far come across any benefits of v3, so resent paying extra to end up with an inferior display, and wasting hours communicating about it.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

juni
07-22-2005, 07:06 AM
The image used for that menu can be defined in the extended today theme, although not many themes have it set. I don't usually do it either since I use Wisbar Advance 2 for task management.

terrypin
07-22-2005, 09:52 AM
Yes, it is definitely harder to read now. There are two reasons IMO:

1. Version 3 is using the actual image for its Close menu background, instead of the'transparent' version used for Today. See how dark the hair is in my earlier screenshot

2. The top menu item, Minimize, is now grey on blue instead of white. (I'm not sure, but this also seems inconsistent; perhaps sometimes v3 is white, and sometimes v2 is grey?)

I would personally like the visibility to be independent of the chosen Today background. Dark text on a solid white background would be fine. Better still, a user-selectable text and background colour.

Seems to be evidence of a poor level of testing by SPB IMO. I've not so far come across any benefits of v3, so resent paying extra to end up with an inferior display, and wasting hours communicating about it.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

And I just realised there's a 3rd factor:

3. In some cases the text is grey instead of black. See my original screenshot for an extreme example. All but 'Minimize' and 'Options' are grey, and hence invisible.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Sven Johannsen
07-22-2005, 03:43 PM
3. In some cases the text is grey instead of black. See my original screenshot for an extreme example. All but 'Minimize' and 'Options' are grey, and hence invisible.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Minimize is highlighted, which is why you see it. Options is actually a valid choice, which is why it is black.