View Full Version : TomTom GPS?

DerekAbney
07-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Has anyone ever had any luck with TomTom GPS devices? I'm thinking about getting one and wondered if anyone around here had used one before.

Frosty Vibe
07-21-2005, 03:23 AM
I use a Leadtek GPS 9537 BT GPS , which TomTom rebadges...

It works very well with my iPAQ 2210 and Mapopolis map.

Nen
07-23-2005, 11:16 AM
I've just bought one (TomTom 700) ten days ago and I don't want to travel any more without a gadget like this. It's incredible how it works and it's very simple to use it.

I've been traveling countryside and it's unbelievable the roads info it has already.

When you're in a wrong way it tells you how to fix it, but if you keep on for a while it recalculates automatically a new way for you.

This gadgets are nowadays 'a must' to have. No doubt! :D

DerekAbney
07-25-2005, 01:35 PM
I've just bought one (TomTom 700) ten days ago and I don't want to travel any more without a gadget like this. It's incredible how it works and it's very simple to use it.

I've been traveling countryside and it's unbelievable the roads info it has already.

When you're in a wrong way it tells you how to fix it, but if you keep on for a while it recalculates automatically a new way for you.

This gadgets are nowadays 'a must' to have. No doubt! :D

That's great that you're so happy with the 700. I am leaning that way because of the handsfree BT capabilities. Everything I've heard about this product has been good so far. You feel like it would be hard to go back to driving with out it now?

Scottwood2
07-26-2005, 05:07 PM
I have the last generation (all silver) Tomtom bluetooth GPS. I am very happy with it. I took it into a Pocket PC user group meeting in a tall office building and it was the only one that would work from the conference table. Although it was also the newest of the group of 5 GPS's there.

The new one is said to be even better.

DerekAbney
07-27-2005, 01:16 PM
I have the last generation (all silver) Tomtom bluetooth GPS. I am very happy with it. I took it into a Pocket PC user group meeting in a tall office building and it was the only one that would work from the conference table. Although it was also the newest of the group of 5 GPS's there.

The new one is said to be even better.

That's really cool. It sounds like they really make some good devices and have really strong software. My needs are more suited to a more car-secific system like the 700, which I'm really looking forward to trying.

Nen
07-30-2005, 11:29 AM
[quote=Nen]... You feel like it would be hard to go back to driving with out it now?

Definitely!! I'm today GPS dependant.. :wink:

May be the flaw is Bluetooth hands free using, because even I use it, it's hard to keep a long talk.

And right now I havn't found the way to use the memories of my Nokia 9300, nor the Messages via the Tom Tom Go 700.

Tom Tom people could improve the user's guide which I find very poor. :(

DerekAbney
08-01-2005, 04:04 PM
That's cool that you like the GPS so much. I'm really looking forward to trying out the GO 700 and seeing what all the excitement is about. The hands free BT seems like it would be pretty addicting.