View Full Version : Receiving audio streaming on my imate

jofegan
07-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Hi there.
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, so here goes:

I just got an I-mate PDA2k and have been trying to listen to internet streaming audio.

Some of the sites I visit (like kplu.org in Seattle) toss their media player imbedded in a frame, which my pocket internet explorer won't run.
Other sites (npr.org) make a java script call to activate the media player, which my pocket internet explorer also doesn't like.

Is there any simple way of being able to simply click on a streaming audio link using PIE and getting it to activate media player, or should I look into getting a different web browser?

Thanks in advance for your help.

jofegan (banished to New Zealand and desperate for U.S. news)

Dave Conger
07-20-2005, 04:44 AM
One way (not the best solution) is to be sneaky and find a direct link...like:
http://www.kplu.org/asx/kplu.asx

If you put that right into Pocket WMP, it should pull it up.

jofegan
07-20-2005, 06:28 AM
Yeah, I figured that out by looking into the source code and finding the real URL. It's a bit more difficult with npr's site, since it seems to be making some sort of script call to locate the streaming media (plus it's too hard to do for every story I want to DL).

--jofy

kahchong
07-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Actually, you can go for a make-over for your pocket pc default web browser (PIE).

You can use the more powerful pocket pc web browser, the NetFront v3.2 software, which is able to read javascript and more feaures equipped in it.
I think it would be able to do the requested function that you can't do it in PIE.