View Full Version : sync folder for files

fivepetpalace
07-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Active sync 3.7.1

currently my files get synced to a folder in my documents, that is named "my device name My documents" and there is a shortcut on the desktop with this name, pointing to the folder.

I need to move the folder to a different location on the pc. Can I do this, and then simply point the shortcut on the desktop to the new folder location?

thanks,
Michael

ironguy
07-18-2005, 11:48 PM
The shortcut on the desktop is meaningless to your pocket pc. I think if you open the tools/options in Active Sync, select files, it shows you where it thinks the sync folder is. You can change the folder location there.

You don't really need the desktop shorcut at all.

yankeejeep
07-19-2005, 11:42 AM
If you are going to change the 'My Docs' location on the desktop, I think you will need to do some registry edit work. AS Options tells you the location being used for the partnership's sync files, but it is informational only and not editable. You can either edit your desktop registry to change the location key(s) or use an app like MobSync to sync with an alternate location. MobSync allows you to sync any location on your desktop with any location on your PPC.

You will find entries in your desktop registry named 'Briefcase Path' under 'Windows CE Services' that point to the folder on your desktop. You should be able to create a new folder in the desired location and then edit the values of the registry path entries accordingly (make sure you put in the entire path, not just the folder name). You should find at least two entries, one in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and one in HKEY_USERS.