View Full Version : 1 more question - x50v power users

twmiller
07-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Sorry about all of these questions. This is my last one (hopfully).

I'm going to get a x50v real soon. I want to get an extra battery for those long days (planes, trains and meetings) were I can't plug in.

So, to all you x50v power users...

If my primary battery is running low, and I have no place to plug into for a while, which secondary battery should I have?

- a second 1100mAh will allow me to use my rhino case (that I am going to get).

- if my second battery was a 2200mAh, I can't use my rhino case, but my run time will be better.

This is my Dilemma.

Thanks!

ipaq_wannabe
07-17-2005, 10:25 PM
how often would you find yourself on the road needing a charge?

if you find yourself having less than average, get the 1100mAh...

however, if you are a frequent traveller, then get the 2200mAh...

Mona13
07-17-2005, 11:52 PM
I bought 2 standard, but I've found one was enough. I like the smaller size of the standard better.

Mona13

Sven Johannsen
07-18-2005, 01:53 AM
Another approach altogether. http://www.socketcom.com/product/AC4009-614.asp
It's 7200MAh, doesn't result in your X50v not fittng in it's case ;) , can power/charge a number of items besides the Dell, etc.
It's a little pricy, but then so are the extra batteries for what they do.
If you are talking about using this when travelling, the size really doesn't present much of an issue. Hasn't for me.
You don't need to juggle things around when you get to your destination and have two mostly depleted batteries.

ipaq_wannabe
07-18-2005, 03:06 AM
Another approach altogether. http://www.socketcom.com/product/AC4009-614.asp It's 7200MAh, doesn't result in your X50v not fittng in it's case ;) , can power/charge a number of items besides the Dell, etc. It's a little pricy, but then so are the extra batteries for what they do. If you are talking about using this when travelling, the size really doesn't present much of an issue. Hasn't for me. You don't need to juggle things around when you get to your destination and have two mostly depleted batteries.

usually, contrary to what people say, the standard battery is enough...

im a heavy PDA user myself (not relying on any laptop nor paper notes); and my Ax gets me through the day on a standard 1100mAh battery (fully charged by the time i leave for work)

however, there are cases, when long business trips (local flights, bullet trains, etc.) that would warrant a longer supply - thus, i bought a second standard battery.

i am NOT a frequent traveler, and just couldnt justify the cost of the 2200mAh battery - and so, as ive mentioned in a previous post: unless you find yourself travelling a lot along long distances, just get the 2200mAh... you may not get to use your case during the trip - but you get your work done (assuming you are PRODUCTIVE with a PDA - and not just playing games or listening to MP3)...

cheers!!!

PS: my wife has a Pocket Loox 610 WF/BT (the standard battery is rated at 1400mAh, i think, for a QVGA - which means it already lasts a long time)... however she travels more frequently, and farther than i do - so she got another the extra juice battery pack (along gives her at around 20 hours NON-STOP)...

- (at) Axim x50v w/ Fitaly 3.5

twmiller
07-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I am going to get the 1100mAh battery.

ironguy
07-18-2005, 11:54 PM
I have a L'il Sync Power bundle from PPCTechs. I can charge my iPaq from a USB port, an outlet, a car power port (cigarette adapter) or from 4 AA batteries. Very versatile and a hecuva lot cheaper than a 2200 battery. I think it runs about $37.50 and PPCThoughts subscribers get a 10% discount.

Dalantech
07-19-2005, 08:36 AM
I have a L'il Sync Power bundle from PPCTechs. I can charge my iPaq from a USB port, an outlet, a car power port (cigarette adapter) or from 4 AA batteries. Very versatile and a hecuva lot cheaper than a 2200 battery. I think it runs about $37.50 and PPCThoughts subscribers get a 10% discount.

That's an excellent option if you don't want to swap batteries 8)

I have two standard batteries but ordered an extended cell just for those times when I want to carry the x50v all day, but I don't want to carry an extra battery. On a standard cell I can get about 3 hours of heavy use (movies, web surfing, etc.).