View Full Version : HTC UNIVERSAL lunch date!!

saru83
07-17-2005, 05:45 AM
hi there, i was just wondering if anybody knows when will the Universal be relesed!!

Bacco
07-17-2005, 07:18 AM
I thought... oh never mind. I must be nice to everyone.

No sense poking fun at a reference to a daily meal :wink:

ADBrown
07-17-2005, 09:58 AM
No, nobody is sure when it will be launched. The word has been sometime in the fall, but that's both vague and unlikely. For one thing, the release date will probably slip, as it always does with converged devices. For another, there will probably be many release dates from various carriers and resellers.

TopDog
07-17-2005, 01:25 PM
I thought... oh never mind.
My thought exactly... :P

On topic: I have a feeling the release have been pushed do to Windows Mobile 2005.

saru83
07-17-2005, 08:31 PM
sorry guys if the heading ment something else but thx for your sharing..!! :)

Bacco
07-17-2005, 09:02 PM
sorry guys if the heading ment something else but thx for your sharing..!! :)

It's not you saru...it's really me. I just can't help myself sometimes. It was the "lunch" typo. I have a weird sense of humor :wink:

Paragon
07-17-2005, 10:32 PM
A direct quote from Jim Morrison, CEO of iMate.....Sept. 24th, at Gitex in Dubai.

Pdaholic
07-18-2005, 12:05 AM
I'm with Saru here, I can't wait to get my hands on the Universal.

I have a picture of the HTC on my current PDA, and I keep showing my cohorts my next device.

I made my GF really bored the other night when I went through all the blogs and pages showing her pics of the Universal.

Anybody typed in HTC Universal at Amazon.com? You get something totally different :mrgreen:

I WILL buy the HTC. I've got $700 (and then some) set aside to blow on this baby. If it's much more than that, I may wait a while for the price to come down. 8) What else am I gonna spend my money on?

I've not been so excited about a PDA since the UX50.

It will be mine...oh yes, it will be mine.

Peace out. 0X

saru83
07-18-2005, 02:56 AM
Thx Paragon for the info :wink:

And yes Pdaholic, i cant wait till i get my hands on this monster :D donno if i will sell my I-mate Jam if i get the Universal though!! :?

Pdaholic
07-18-2005, 04:19 AM
Thx Paragon for the info :wink:

And yes Pdaholic, i cant wait till i get my hands on this monster :D donno if i will sell my I-mate Jam if i get the Universal though!! :?

You should keep the Jam. You would then have the ultimate in convergence portability AND the ultimate in convergence productivity.

It is very hard for me to contain my excitement over this PDA. :oops: It darn better live up to my expectations! :devilboy:

Nurhisham Hussein
07-18-2005, 06:41 AM
I'm with Saru here, I can't wait to get my hands on the Universal.

I have a picture of the HTC on my current PDA, and I keep showing my cohorts my next device.

I made my GF really bored the other night when I went through all the blogs and pages showing her pics of the Universal.

Anybody typed in HTC Universal at Amazon.com? You get something totally different :mrgreen:

I WILL buy the HTC. I've got $700 (and then some) set aside to blow on this baby. If it's much more than that, I may wait a while for the price to come down. 8) What else am I gonna spend my money on?

I've not been so excited about a PDA since the UX50.

It will be mine...oh yes, it will be mine.

Peace out. 0X

There is a source telling us at mypdacafe.com that the list price will be between $1200-$1300. This is unconfirmed from a source we don't the reliability of, but given the specs of the Universal, I'd say that that would be pretty close to actual.

saru83
07-18-2005, 09:14 AM
Nothing is garanteed but most probably this beast will be more than 1000US, coz as far as i remember the PDA2K was something around 1000US when it was first released... even though i will pay for it :D