View Full Version : Belkin 3 in 1 travel kit

Donsell
07-14-2005, 04:25 PM
looking purchasing a x50v and am considerign the Belkin 3 in 1 travel kit as an add on. A collegue tells me that the x50v draws enough power that you can't use the PDA and charge at the same time with some of these adapters whiles others you can. I'd like to use the auto charger to power the PDA while doing GPS.

Does anyone have the 3 in 1 and can confirm that you can use the PDA and charge it at the same time?

Thanks!

yankeejeep
07-14-2005, 05:58 PM
If you are charging through a USB sync/charge cable, the advice is correct. USB charging delivers lower power (with some, less than half) of what the provided power supply delivers through the power port. If the provided power is not enough, then the battery can slowly drain while it is being used (though not nearly as quickly as without the power flow). When using a USB cable for charging, it is best to leave the device off. If you must use the device at those times, remember the battery will most likely still be required to deliver some juice.

If you need to have the device powered while in the car, a better option would be to get a car charger that plugs into the power port as these deliver a stronger flow than the options that use a USB cable.

Donsell
07-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Thank you, that makes sense. My collegue has had 2 car chargers, the first one did not supply enough power to run the device, the second one did so i'm asking specifically about the Belkin charger from Dell.