View Full Version : Samsung / Verizon i730 battery status quirky

timcolling
07-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Hi -

I have noticed a wee bit o' odd behavior on my new i730 regarding its battery status:

When it's on the charger, it almost immediately begins reporting that it is 100% charged. Of course, that's not correct, but it makes it harder to be certain when it is REALLY at 100%.

Note that if it's in the cradle, then you can tell by the color of the status light on the cradle (red for <100%, green for =100%) but otherwise it's tricky to know for sure where you're at while charging.

Has anyone else noticed this?

- Tim

npatang
07-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Wowwwwwwwwww that is strange I think all the new devices are coming just with the new clothes!!!!

Well I just need to check that, Doesn't have that device with me.

--Npatang

Janak Parekh
07-13-2005, 04:10 AM
When it's on the charger, it almost immediately begins reporting that it is 100% charged. Of course, that's not correct, but it makes it harder to be certain when it is REALLY at 100%.
Sounds like the battery driver isn't very good at conveying the "charging" status accurately. I believe the Samsung i730 uses the same charger as the i700, so it should have a charge indicator light on the AC adapter itself. You might find that of help, assuming the AC adapter is not buried in the back somewhere. ;)

--janak