View Full Version : SPB Finance Response time

humayunl
07-12-2005, 07:54 AM
I tried SPB Finance, I've tried Money and Landware Quicken.

- Money was the more featuer-poor app.
- Spb Finance was nice but it took too long to start.. i dont know whether it
was just in m case or if its response time is slow for everyone..
- Landware Quicken is the fastest.. as soon as i click the icon, the app loads and i can enter a transaction, do lookups and default information very quickly. So i like the app a lot because i frequently enter transactions on my pda. Response time is an important feature for me.

I however miss the richer functionality of SPB finance. Does anyone know whether they ahve resolved the responsiveness issues of the app?

Also more importantly (since i'm going to take the leap of faith and install wm2k5 this weekend) is spb finance compatible with wm2k5?

iant54
07-12-2005, 12:11 PM
I notice that you haven't tried Cash Organizer?

humayunl
07-12-2005, 12:45 PM
I notice that you haven't tried Cash Organizer?

hmmmm.. you notice correctly.

I guess I should give it a try too. Is it good? Well i'll find out.

p.s. However to answer my original question, any news on the speed issue of spbFinance?

Darius Wey
07-12-2005, 04:05 PM
p.s. However to answer my original question, any news on the speed issue of spbFinance?

I've never come across speed issues, though I do know of a couple of people who have. Having said that, a solution may be available for you within the few hours. Watch the front page.

carphead
07-12-2005, 06:52 PM
There's v2 of SPB Finance out today. Give that a try.

They claim speed increases.

iant54
07-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I have used both Cash Organizer and Spb Finance (and the free MS Money) - I couldn't get on with Spb Finance, and reverted to Cash Organizer. Although I own licenses to both, I swear by Cash Organizer!

Frosty Vibe
07-13-2005, 05:07 AM
Yeah... Spb Finance is relatively slow and I use the Money version which doesn't help the cause at all but I still find it bearable.

On my iPAQ H2210 V2 is just as slow as v1.9, at least not noticable enough

Darius Wey
07-13-2005, 07:21 AM
Yeah... Spb Finance is relatively slow and I use the Money version which doesn't help the cause at all but I still find it bearable.

If you're having speed issues, try the new v2.0 which I posted on the front page today, as there are speed optimisations implemented into this release.

Frosty Vibe
07-14-2005, 03:33 AM

If you're having speed issues, try the new v2.0 which I posted on the front page today, as there are speed optimisations implemented into this release.

Perhaps my post wasn't very clear... I am using V2.0 now and it is just as slow.

But that's OK, maybe it's just my 400 mhz ARM :D

Darius Wey
07-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Perhaps my post wasn't very clear... I am using V2.0 now and it is just as slow.

Er... how I missed that point is beyond me. :oops:

But that's OK, maybe it's just my 400 mhz ARM :D

I doubt it. I've got it running on a 266MHz h1940 and speed-wise, it works fine.