View Full Version : I'm back for some PDA catch-up!

Hyperluminal
07-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Hey everybody! Remember me? :D

I've been doing a lot of other things for the past few months, and haven't really had much time to read Thoughts. :oops: Well, I'm back now...
I have been looking around and now I feel a little out of the loop... so what have I missed? Have any big PDA-related announcements been made in like the past 6 months or so?

WM2005 is supposed to be coming out soon, right? Are there any rumors about new devices?

And has anything new happened at PPCThoughts? Are there any new people on the staff?

Thanks for catching me up... :)

Oh, and I still don't know what this means (as an emoticon, not as an alien): 0X

npatang
07-11-2005, 11:11 PM
HI Hyper
It is really glad to know that you are also a member also this Forum .

Welcome back

--Npatang

Hyperluminal
07-11-2005, 11:15 PM
HI Hyper
It is really glad to know that you are also a member also this Forum .

Welcome back

--Npatang
Thanks! :)

Darius Wey
07-12-2005, 04:39 AM
Hey everybody! Remember me? :D

I've been doing a lot of other things for the past few months, and haven't really had much time to read Thoughts. :oops: Well, I'm back now...

Welcome back. :D

I have been looking around and now I feel a little out of the loop... so what have I missed? Have any big PDA-related announcements been made in like the past 6 months or so?

Windows Mobile 5.0 was announced, as well as a few new devices. The HTC Universal is one such device, plus there are rumours of other new devices being released shortly. As always, there's the countless number of Asian devices (e.g. moboDA 3360 and Gigabyte Einstein) which will probably never make it to EU or American shores, but that's not gonna stop you drooling. ;) I know I've missed a few, but I can't recall all of them at the moment. :P

And has anything new happened at PPCThoughts? Are there any new people on the staff?

6 months out of the loop, eh? Jon and Ekkie are now onboard as Contributing Editors. You may have missed that.

We've also launched a new Thoughts Media Pricegrabber engine: http://thoughtsmedia.pricegrabber.com/

Plus we've had a few competitions here and there. :)

Oh, and I still don't know what this means (as an emoticon, not as an alien): 0X

Rad, dude? :P

Hyperluminal
07-12-2005, 05:45 AM
Thanks Darius. :)

I just did a search about the HTC Universal, and it looks pretty drool-inducing. Although it does seem like there's more focus on innovation in the smartphone/PDA-Phone areas than with standalone PDAs, which would represent a pretty big shift. Unless I'm wrong...

By the way, do we know about how long it'll be until the WM5.0 devices are supposed to be released?

So Jon and Ekkie are now Contributing Editors? Belated congats to them. :) By the way, what was your username before you became Contributing Editor? I remember seeing you as Darius Wey after I left, but I think when I was here you went by a different user name, right?

Darius Wey
07-12-2005, 06:02 AM
By the way, do we know about how long it'll be until the WM5.0 devices are supposed to be released?

Currently, bets are on Q4 2005 and Q1 2006, with a lot more surfacing throughout all of 2006. Upgrades for the Axim X50 series, LOOX 718 and 720, and HPs hx2000 and hx4700 series are expected this half of the year.

By the way, what was your username before you became Contributing Editor? I remember seeing you as Darius Wey after I left, but I think when I was here you went by a different user name, right?

Yeah, it was "DJ Apod". You may remember seeing the green, one-eyed alien. ;)

Hyperluminal
07-12-2005, 06:11 AM
Currently, bets are on Q4 2005 and Q1 2006, with a lot more surfacing throughout all of 2006. Upgrades for the Axim X50 series, LOOX 718 and 720, and HPs hx2000 and hx4700 series are expected this half of the year.

Ah, thanks. I'm still on my old iPaq h2215, and I think soon a new PDA may be in order. I mean, before this one, I usually got new ones about every year... :D
So yeah, it probably isn't worth waiting until WM5.0 instead of getting one of the updated VGA PDAs this year.. my PDA really is getting pretty old. ;)

Yeah, it was "DJ Apod". You may remember seeing the green, one-eyed alien. ;)
Ah, now I remember... 8)