View Full Version : new jornada

rochehvac
07-11-2005, 02:31 AM
Hey could I get a little help here with my new pocket pc? I bought a jornada 586 from ebay a few weeks ago and I'm still trying to get it figured out. the owners manual is very basic and I can't find any good online resources.

I have a ton of things I'm trying to get to the bottom of but for now I cant get connected any more.

I recently activated avantgo and now I cant connect to msn, or any internet while I'm synced to my computer......just the few options that avantgo offers, none with a search. anything else just gives me a red x on the refresh button and goes nowhere.

It worked very well untill I downloaded this program. I'd really apprecialte any help!

Brian

rochehvac
07-12-2005, 12:48 AM
if theres more info I need to provide lemme know, I wasn't sure what to post. basicly all I'm trying to do is connect to the internet while synked to my computer, through the puters cable connection

GSmith
07-12-2005, 01:10 AM
Go to ActiveSync and click on Options. Look for a checkbox that enables Internet Passthrough.

Make sure it is checked.

Does it work now?

rochehvac
07-12-2005, 01:35 AM
thanks.

well I don't exactly have an option that specific, but I do have a box that says

"to use passthrough, the computer must be connected.
connection : internet" (the other option is work)

I havn't changed anything in the options area since msn stopped passing through

Brian

rochehvac
07-14-2005, 02:57 AM
Could it be possible that I need to subcribe to MSN? It worked before.