View Full Version : How long does it take you to sync?

ctmagnus
07-06-2005, 06:33 PM
At this particular point in time, it takes me roughly two and a half minutes to three minutes to sync fairly simple changes to Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Favorites, Inbox, PhatNotes (standard edition) and files, and I don't usually mind the wait. However, I'm running super-ancient hardware (the cpu in my iPaq is twice as fast MHz for MHz as my desktop cpu (and I'm proud of it!)). Do other people have similar sync times, or better, and is sync time really that dependant on cpu power considering that all that syncing does is basically database manipulation (except for Files syncing)?

npatang
07-06-2005, 07:33 PM
I don't know which CPU I am using on my Audiovox and what is the MHz of it.
But after making chnages on my files, inbox , contacts, calenders, it just sync again in 40 to 50 seconds. :wink:

Don't Panic!
07-06-2005, 09:20 PM
I only sync files, favorites, and avantgo so my sync time is under 1 minute.

npatang
07-06-2005, 10:41 PM
I am not sure about the Phat notes if they can cause the problem and increasing the syncing time!!!

Npatang

ctmagnus
07-06-2005, 11:07 PM
PhatNotes ratchets up the syncing time by quite a bit. I don't know by how much, but it definately takes a lot longer than the others. But that's just checking to see if there's anything to sync; the actual syncing process of PhatNotes (after AS has gone through and seen what needs to be synced in each item type) is on par with everything else.

Janak Parekh
07-07-2005, 04:16 AM
Syncing PIM and files generally takes less than 20 seconds for me on average.

--janak

Darius Wey
07-07-2005, 04:39 AM
My syncs take around 20 seconds as well - primarily, PIM, files and Spb Finance data.

disconnected
07-07-2005, 04:55 AM
Several minutes. I synch wirelessly, because using the cradle it's even worse. Aside from the normal stuff, I have Zagat and PTVL, both of which are pretty fast, and Vindigo, which takes forever, and sometimes just hangs and doesn't work at all.

ctmagnus
07-07-2005, 05:21 AM
Thx for the info. I'm considering upgrading (but am on the fence as my Pentium 200 is just so hardcore geek) but the only real reason I have to upgrade is that sync times are sometimes rather long. Judging by the current replies, it looks like my sync times are about average.

ctmagnus
07-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Ok, I made the leap and it's fast!