View Full Version : Menu questions...

caubeck
07-06-2005, 02:20 AM
Hi,

I'm using a Spanish language iPAQ 1935 so the right terms might not come to me in English, but here goes:

1) Why do the programme icons in the start menu revert back and forth between the image designed by the software creator and the standard blue and white .exe symbol? I don't see any pattern to it, it just seems to change when it feels like it. Hardly a problem, just an annoyance.

2) Why do I often find icons repeated in the menu option list, and how come I can't change some of them? I can alter them by going through Windows but it's a pain.

Any solutions?

Thanks,

Chris

dunos
07-06-2005, 04:30 PM
You will usually find that the icon changes to the blue and white box when you have installed the application to a storage card. From time to time the iPAQ unmounts the storage cards. When you turn the iPAQ on it wakes up instantly but it can take up to five seconds for the storage card to mount. While it is unmounted it is effectively not there and the iPAQ can't read the icon information.

The menu option list will have repeats if the application appears anywhere two more more times. For example if you have a shortcut on your start menu to the calendar and also a shortcut in the Programs folder then it will appear twice in the menu option list.

Hope this helps,

Dan

caubeck
07-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the explanations, that does indeed help!

Chris