View Full Version : Wifi Downloads

spidiemonkey
07-04-2005, 02:20 AM
If I download a Windows PC program using Wifi with my pocket pc, will I be able to install that program onto my computer?

Sven Johannsen
07-04-2005, 03:18 AM
Typically yes, you would be able to. You just need to get the zip or executable over to your PC.

Menneisyys
07-07-2005, 10:37 AM
If I download a Windows PC program using Wifi with my pocket pc, will I be able to install that program onto my computer?

It, as Sven has already pointed out, depends - if it's an executable CAB file (it may be zip'ed) or a native EXE file (some very small appps - like PDAMill Viewer, PHM Reset etc - come in this form) compiled for your device.

You may also want to read http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/index.php?action=expand,41308&/a_quick_review_of_dweller_0.1_-_alternative_method_of_installing_programs.htm on this.

yankeejeep
07-07-2005, 01:48 PM
I think the question is about downloading a PC file to a PPC and then transferring it to the PC. And Sven is correct. Simply downloading the file to your PPC will not make any changes to it and an executable will not be converted through the ActiveSync conduit when you send it to your PC. If it is a document file, you may need to turn off the appropriate device to desktop conversion setting in ActivceSync before you send it over to your desktop.