View Full Version : Problems with New Earthlink Webmail and Pocket PC-any ideas?

jbachandouris
06-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Today, Earthlink 'upgraded' their Webmail and now I cannot login. I suspect they are using Java to display their 'buttons.' I click on them and nothing happens. If I tap and hold, I see the usual response. Anyone out their have any ideas. I don't really want to PPC Outlook and risk Activestinkl messing up my email box. That's why I use Webmail!

Sven Johannsen
07-01-2005, 02:39 AM
You have the option of setting up Earthlink in your PPC Inbox as a seperate service. I does not remove things fom the server by default, so you could still manage you mail from the web interface. Seperate services are not supported by ActiveSync so it wouldn't mess with that mailbox at all. Most people see that as a failing. It might be to your advantage.

jbachandouris
07-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Yes, I suppose I could do that. I just HATE change. I liked to check mail the way I used to. Oh well.

Sven Johannsen
07-01-2005, 02:35 PM
I haven't tried Netfront on Earthlinks new Webmail interface, but it's certainly possible it would work.

P.S. You might comment to Earthlink that the new interface is not real good for mobile users. It is still beta, you can access the old way, and they are taking comments. Maybe they will consider having a mobile version. I'll add a comment in that vein too. I already commented that there doesn't seem to be a good way to delete multiple messages on the new interface. Old one you could check the ones you didn't want and delete all checked. Doesn't seem to be a way to do that on the new interface.

jbachandouris
07-01-2005, 05:05 PM
It won't let me sign in the new or the old way. Interestingly enough, the 'button' labeled search does work. The buttons to log in do not.

How much is Netfront?

yankeejeep
07-01-2005, 05:17 PM
The old webmail version still works with NetFront 3.2 (I assume because of the JavaScript support). It is also possible that you need the JavaScript support to even successfully get through the new sign-in screen. Since I access it with NF and not PIE, I have not had any issues signing on. When I try to access the beta of the new webmail site, it informs me that Flash 7 is required.