View Full Version : SPB Weather Pop-up detail question

StarTide
06-26-2005, 02:48 AM
Can someone help explain the information on SPB Weather's pop-up screen? For example, when I tap on today, I see three times showing

9:00am 72F & 64F
12:00pm 87F & 76F
6:00pm 85F & 72F

I'm not clear on the two temperature numbers for each time. It seems that the first number is the forecasted number, but I'm not sure of the second number, is this part of a forecasted range?

Startide

Darius Wey
06-26-2005, 03:36 AM
If I recall correctly, the first number is the maximum temperature forecasted for that part of the day, whilst the second number is the minimum temperature forecasted for that same part of the day.

StarTide
06-26-2005, 04:40 AM
Thanks for your reply. That's kind of what I thought, just was not sure, since the temperature range seemed larger than I thought for that part of the day.

Hopefully SPB will be adding some additional weather details, like percent chance of rain, sunrise and sunset etc., in the near future.

Startide

ctmagnus
06-26-2005, 05:36 AM
I hope so as well. I just rebuilt my iPaq and I went with Marsware WeatherPanel over Spb Weather due to the amount of detail each offers. I love Spb Weather's look, but for the amount of detail provided relative to the storage used, Marsware is the winner imo.

Darius Wey
06-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Spb are always working to improve their products, so we may see more enhancements to the Weather department in the not-too-distant future. :)

StarTide
06-30-2005, 05:11 AM
Updates? Darius, do you have some inside knowledge, or just a guess?

I'm not familar with the frequency of SPB updates. Do they do this very often? I own SPB Imageer and it has been a year since it was updated.

ctmagnus
06-30-2005, 05:56 AM
Update to my previous post: I am now using Spb Weather instead of WeatherPanel. WP was doing weird things to my connect icon (ie, the icon wasn't updating itself when connection status changed). I uninstalled WP and installed Spb Weather in its place and my iPaq is happy again! :)

But yeah, I find the time between Spb updates to be rather long and excruciating as well. The weird thing is, I have something like seven Spb products installed on my device at the moment. :bangin: They're just that good!

Darius Wey
06-30-2005, 06:24 AM
Updates? Darius, do you have some inside knowledge, or just a guess?

I was heavily involved in testing back when Spb Weather was still a product in the making. There are still a few issues which need sorting out and the Spb development team for Weather said they'd work to get it fixed. I can't say when an update will be released and what will be fixed, but rest assured, an update for Spb Weather is on track.