View Full Version : DVD To PocketPC

Golfer
06-25-2005, 11:29 AM
I am trying to setup the ability to watch DVD on my PPC. I have downloaded the trial versions of Pocket-DVD Studio and DVD-To-PocketPC.

The packages are setup on my XP desktop. They both fail with a windows error. When I click on the 'Send Error Report' I get a Microsoft webpage saying

Error caused by InterVideo, Inc: No specific solution found

I'm sure these packages must be working because they're both in the top 10 selling list on Handango.

I'm really keen to get this to work and then buy whichever one I prefer. I would greatly appreciate it anyone knows of a fix or workaround for this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS: My PC does play DVDs using Dell PowerDVD

Golfer
06-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Can anyone please help me with this one? Does anyone have DVD working on a Pocket PC? The error I am getting is :

Error caused by InterVideo, Inc: No specific solution found

Problem Description

An analyst at Microsoft has investigated this problem and determined that an unknown error occurred in A Filter (IVIVIDEO.AX). This software was created by InterVideo, Inc.

Problem Resolution

Microsoft has researched this problem with InterVideo, Inc, and they do not currently have a solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a list of recommendations to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring.

Contact InterVideo, Inc for support or product updates.
Additional Information

If this problem continues to occur with the latest product updates for A Filter (IVIVIDEO.AX), we recommend you obtain assistance and troubleshooting information directly from InterVideo, Inc.

Mitchybums
06-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Use pocketdvd (www.pocketdvd.ca) if you convert to divx, it doesnt require anything on your computer, and get betaplayer for your ppc to get nice movie playback on your device.

your error is most likely related to either directx (do a windows update to get the latest one, or you need to (re)install a dvd player application like powerdvd or windvd

ipaq_wannabe
06-25-2005, 09:38 PM
maybe you dont have the proper codecs installed - those that play the DVD (you must have a DVD player installed), and the destination formats (WMV, AVI, etc.)

Don't Panic!
06-27-2005, 06:06 PM
That could be it. Get the xvid and divx codecs for your PC from http://www.wmplugins.com/