View Full Version : TELL ME IT AINT TRUE I730

q-live
06-25-2005, 07:10 AM
is it correct or is it a rumor that the business and the i730 thats coming out on july 7th wont be coming out with a camara????? that wouldnt make senese because they can bring out both versions at the same time..... I DONT KNOW WHY THE FFFFF THEY EVEN MAKE CAMARALESS VERSION PHONES CAUSE IT AINT THAT MANY MF THAT BUY THEM..... VERIZON IS REALLY PISSING ME OFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Song
06-25-2005, 07:44 AM
perhaps you forgot to realize the core demographic the i730 is marketed toward - the business professional. In many instances, they are not allowed to have any sort of camera on the grounds. So, what good is a super phone like the i730 if you have to leave it at home everyday?

There are rumors that vzw will release a camera version in the future. To most, the camera isn't the most important aspect of a pdaphone - its all about the convergence between data and voice coming beautifully together :D

q-live
06-25-2005, 08:31 PM
perhaps you forgot to realize the core demographic the i730 is marketed toward - the business professional. In many instances, they are not allowed to have any sort of camera on the grounds. So, what good is a super phone like the i730 if you have to leave it at home everyday?

There are rumors that vzw will release a camera version in the future. To most, the camera isn't the most important aspect of a pdaphone - its all about the convergence between data and voice coming beautifully together :D

yea if you say so...... but people said the same thing about the treo and there are way more " regular people " that owns it than " business " people. My thing is if thats the case then since they are relasing it to the regular public on july 7th then it should come out with the camara..... AND WHAT THE HELL IS " IN THE FUTURE " THATS NEVER GOOD CAUSE IT USUSALLY MEANS 2 TO 5 MONTHS DOWN THE LINE

Janak Parekh
06-26-2005, 12:02 AM
AND WHAT THE h-ll IS " IN THE FUTURE " THATS NEVER GOOD CAUSE IT USUSALLY MEANS 2 TO 5 MONTHS DOWN THE LINE
Yes, that's what happened with the XV6600 -- the camera version showed up a few months in the future. I haven't heard anything definitive, so we'll have to wait until July 7 and see. The potential lack of Bluetooth DUN bothers me much more, honestly.

--janak

q-live
06-26-2005, 06:50 AM
well if i gotta wait MONTHS after the release that it supposed to have in the first place that it will be cheaper than $600

Janak Parekh
06-26-2005, 05:07 PM
well if i gotta wait MONTHS after the release that it supposed to have in the first place that it will be cheaper than $600
Who is the one to determine if the release is "supposed to have" anything? It's ultimately up to Verizon. The simple fact is that many businesses don't like cameras, so that's why the first versions of each of the smartphone devices come without them.

As to whether it'll be cheaper, I doubt it. Verizon doesn't usually cut prices for the first 9-12 months of a device, and even then it may persist longer. The i700 was $599 for years IIRC.

--janak