View Full Version : Dell Axim X30 Rom Update A06 available

marcm
06-19-2005, 06:50 PM
I found this while reading Aximsite (http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=87560&page=1).

Dell has released a new update for the Axim X30 series Pocket PC.
According to the thread, the update contains the following changes:
Added feature that allows the WLAN auto power-off feature to be enabled and/or disabled in the Power applet.
Updated the Funk Odyssey client to version 2.00.00.1681
Updated the Bluetooth stack to version 1.5.0.4300
Added support for Go Daddy SSL certificate
You can download the update here (http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R101483&SystemID=PDA_AXIM_X30&category=0&os=PPCA&osl=en&deviceid=6672&devlib=7&fileid=131500).
I haven't tried it yet because I don't want to have to go through the whole hard reset thing again, even though I could just use the Dell Backup Utility... :wink: If any of you try it, could you post anything you notice that's different here?

cdcooker
09-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Ever since ROM A05, Pocket Windows Media Player 10 cannot map hardware button, and A06 still has the same problem. From the default mapping, I think A05 and A06 are using the wrong windows media player for smartphone. For example, the default button for Mute is #. When I tried to change it, it won't allow me to change and the pop up window stay there until I kill the application.

What's going wrong with Dell? Did they notice this problem? I reported this problem after the release of A05 in this forum.

Sven Johannsen
09-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Ever since ROM A05, Pocket Windows Media Player 10 cannot map hardware button, and A06 still has the same problem. From the default mapping, I think A05 and A06 are using the wrong windows media player for smartphone. For example, the default button for Mute is #. When I tried to change it, it won't allow me to change and the pop up window stay there until I kill the application.

What's going wrong with Dell? Did they notice this problem? I reported this problem after the release of A05 in this forum.

That's been the case with Media Player 10 since day 1, not just since A05, and not just on Dells. It's the way it comes from MS.