View Full Version : Street Mapping Software

goaliemanpat
06-17-2005, 09:34 PM
I am getting the Dell Axim X50 520mhz PPC. Shoudl be here Monday woot :) Anyways I am terrible with driving directions and such and was looking to use GPS with this to help me not miss as many turns or get lost. Ive looked around and noticed that GPS expansions and the software are pretty expensive and I want to make sure Im getting a good quality one. What GPS product and street mapping system would you guys suggest?

that dan guy
06-18-2005, 09:34 AM
The globalsat bt338 and mapopolis I am getting ready to order the bt338 myself after my dad got it to use with his ipaq 4705. Voice commands and routing are right on. He has been going to work the same way for 13 years and mapopolis told him to go another way and he thought this thing is nuts but found that it saved him 5 minutes. He has found that you do what the man in the 4700 says and you will get there quicker. I am shocked at how fast the bt338 connects and updates and I was using pockets streets and have now realized it is poo-poo. Get this youcombo and you won't be disapointed.

Danno