View Full Version : XDA I/MDA Re-Do

jbradley
06-17-2005, 12:55 AM
So my T-Mobile Pocket PC phone is dying on me. After much deliberation, I've decided that the best bang for the buck/stability will be to simply grab a new one off of eBay rather than to try for a newer model. I'm sure that they haven't manufactured these phones in years, so I was wondering if anyone had an opinion about how the battery on one of these might hold up assuming it was just sitting in its box this whole time.

MitchellO
06-19-2005, 09:20 AM
This XDA II looks good. Finishes soon with a fairly low bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38331&item=5781872873&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Janak Parekh
06-19-2005, 04:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone had an opinion about how the battery on one of these might hold up assuming it was just sitting in its box this whole time.
The battery will deteriorate pretty significantly after 2-3 years -- Li-Ion batteries are a complex chemical reaction that start declining the day they're deployed, even if they're not heavily used, i.e., both charge cycles and time from manufacture have an effect on Li-Ion batteries.

In other words, if you really want to pick up an XDA I, do expect to have to replace the battery fairly soon. You may want to pick up a device that has a removeable battery instead.

--janak