View Full Version : Thinking of selling my Axim X30h... A few questions...

marcm
06-16-2005, 03:53 AM
Hey there,
I decided that now that it is guaranteed that the X30 will not be getting the WM5 update that I want to upgrade to an X50v in the end of summer/beginning of fall. Here are my questions:

1) How much would be a good amount of money to ask for my X30h? Here is what I would be including:
*X30h 624MHz with built-in WiFi and Bluetooth
*Dell foldable keyboard for X3/X30 series (The stand mechanism is partially damaged but the keyboard works fine) I have the driver CD to accompany it.
*Mugen 2000mAh extended battery as well as the original Dell 950mAh battery.
*Two leather cases: The original Dell case that came with it, and the other Dell leather case that opens like a book and has 2 SD card slots.
*Dell Power/Sync Cable (Dell messed up and never gave me a cradle, just a cable)

2) What is the best deal I can get here in Canada on an X50v? I don't know when I will sell my X30 so the prices will probably have dropped by then too.

Just want to know how much money I should start selling it for, however I am not selling until later in the summer. Thanks in advance!

Darius Wey
06-16-2005, 12:06 PM
1) How much would be a good amount of money to ask for my X30h? Here is what I would be including:
*X30h 624MHz with built-in WiFi and Bluetooth
*Dell foldable keyboard for X3/X30 series (The stand mechanism is partially damaged but the keyboard works fine) I have the driver CD to accompany it.
*Mugen 2000mAh extended battery as well as the original Dell 950mAh battery.
*Two leather cases: The original Dell case that came with it, and the other Dell leather case that opens like a book and has 2 SD card slots.
*Dell Power/Sync Cable (Dell messed up and never gave me a cradle, just a cable)

It's hard to put a figure to all of this. I suggest heading over to eBay and see what the general price on each item is. Once you've done that, add it all together, and perhaps add a bit of a discount so you can market it as a "bargain bundle".

2) What is the best deal I can get here in Canada on an X50v? I don't know when I will sell my X30 so the prices will probably have dropped by then too.

You just missed a fantastic offer by Dell Canada where they had the X50v for CDN$389. I'm not sure how often they have sales like this, but you may stumble upon a sale where they have their X50s for 20% off. It'll cost more than $389, but still be less than $500, I imagine. I think they have these around once every month or two months.

marcm
06-19-2005, 04:21 AM
Thanks, Darius!

I decided to look at Dell, as they are still selling the X30h, and most of the accessories, and I think I will try to sell everything for about $300 USD. In addition, I will probably try sell my P1 Zire 71 for about $100 USD. I think I will buy the X50v used, if possible, to cut down on the costs. All of this really depends on when I decide to make the move! :wink: I'm thinking it will all happen around August. By then I should be able to save up enough money to buy the X50v, and I'll already have my BT mouse and keyboard that I have waiting for the new PPC... I knew the universal part of BT would come in handy some time... :wink:

Thanks again Darius,
Marc