View Full Version : I CANT SYNC MY AXIM X50V WITH MY PC!!!

aleny2k
06-10-2005, 02:24 AM
I'm using Microsoft ActiveSync 3.8 and recently, I could not sync with my pc. Upon inserting my Dell Axim x50v into the cradle, the ActiveSync wont start up automatically like it used to. But no matter, I open up ActiveSync. It synchronizes for a few seconds before disconnected with the error 'Not connected'. I failed to see the problem as I have tried everything (e.g. checking the connection, no loose cable, restart pc, delete partnership, soft reset x50v, uninstall ActiveSync, delete the profile and reinstall ActiveSync, etc). Nothing works. When I click the 'get connected', it says 'your device is not detected'. I've also been to the Microsoft ActiveSync troubleshooter help but none of the steps help. I seek help from the aximsite forum and realise that I'm not the only one facing this problem but there isnt a specific help to solve this problem yet. It seems like to plague a lot alot of users. I've also tried upgrading my ActiveSync to 4.0 but the the problem persisted. I'm guessing the problem MIGHT be with A03 ROM update with I did a few weeks ago but I didnt have this problem until yesterday. This is just a speculation. I did nothing to my Axim (I did not install any new programs or remove anything). THe problem just occured on its own. I'm out of ideas and I'm desperate to sync with my pc. Can anyone please help?

Targaid
06-11-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm having similar problems, but my device is trying to synch. In my case the connection runs forever - even when I hit 'stop'.I've re-installed, upgraded to 3.8, un-installed & re-installed that, deleted the pairings, rolled back the PC to when the sync was working - nothing.

Dell are useless and tech support only told me I'd have to try wiping everything and starting from scratch.

BUT, the one thing I changed recently that is different to yor post is installing a USB 2.0 card. Anyone know if there is some problem with USB 2.0 and Axims?

rzanology
06-15-2005, 08:10 PM
i am having the same exact issue. just started 4 days ago when i upgraded. It says connecting...then stop after about 10 seconds. I thought about sending it back to dell...maybe the connector at the bottom of the ppc was bad. but now i see you guys having the same issue it might be a waste of time to send it back. If i can find active sync 3.7 i think i'll try to install that and see what happens.