View Full Version : Windows Media Player 10 download available?

ricksfiona
06-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Does anyone know how to get Windows Media Player 10 for the Pocket PC? Is there a download for that? I'm currently running WM2003 and it only has version 9. Also, I have an iPAQ 5550. Thanks!

yankeejeep
06-09-2005, 12:23 AM
WMP 10 is only available from the PPC maker (in your case, HP) and it would need to be released as a ROM update (rather than a standard installable app). You should check the HP support site to see what ROM updates have been posted for yours.

ricksfiona
06-09-2005, 12:42 AM
I guess I'm outta luck! I thought that was the case... I guess Tivo will have to wait!

Sven Johannsen
06-09-2005, 01:22 AM
I guess I'm outta luck! I thought that was the case... I guess Tivo will have to wait!
Not sure why. Seemed lke the TV to Go stuff was just a system by which you could move Tivo content to your PC via a network connection. Once on the PC you can do what you want with it, compress, convert, or just move to a flash card and watch with BetaPlayer. The convinience of MP10 on the PPC is that paired with MP10 on the desktop, the act of syncing takes care of the conversion and compression for you.

ricksfiona
06-09-2005, 01:31 AM
Not sure why. Seemed lke the TV to Go stuff was just a system by which you could move Tivo content to your PC via a network connection. Once on the PC you can do what you want with it, compress, convert, or just move to a flash card and watch with BetaPlayer. The convinience of MP10 on the PPC is that paired with MP10 on the desktop, the act of syncing takes care of the conversion and compression for you.

Yup, it's just too much work to get it onto PPC... I want it to just be ready to go and not manually convert things. It's a hassle.