View Full Version : Tweaking HP rz1710

dexxapi
06-08-2005, 03:50 AM
0X
HI i resently bought a rz1710 at $350au, boy not bad but not great for the price. But doing research, i found that the difference between the samsung S3C2410 proc running at 203mhz and the same proc at 300mhz is nothing, it's itactly the same, the only difference is a reg setting. Unfortunatly that reg dll the regulates speed is encripted. But using A RSA encription program i tweaked it to 300mhz. At the moment due to being sued i won't tell u how, but just wait for more updates to hacking programs. But i fixed the power issue by using an allen key, removing the inbuilt so called unremovable battery, and replaced it with a bigger lith ion battery, as the new bat is larger i had to place the battery outside the pda,
so it sits on the back, and makes the decive sligthly thicker but now it powers the rz1710 about 4 times longer (rem to get a batt at same voltage ect). Anyway im slightly pissed at HP, you think at the price u pay they could change just change a little setting and put in a bigger batt, it would probably cost them 4 dollars, but i guess bussiness is bussiness. Regards Robby down under