View Full Version : [original] the method to play video of your pc'HardDisk with ppc

xiaoxin
06-07-2005, 03:17 PM
ppc can through sychronized data line or wireless network card call on pc's
disk and play its movie.
1 you should setup a service software. What I use the operating system‘s
release is win2000 advancedserver which bundle with iis server that is necessery.
2 then you make the catalogue of web's issuance pointed at movie's catalogue of HD.and then opening the URL you have set is OK.
<example> the movies you have compressed is saved E:\\movie,then open property of web site of iss or pws and set your server ip for instance i set ip is 192.168.0.1 Afterward set local Path is E:\\movie in page of home directory. Finally selected directory borwsing is all right.
<play test> Activesync your ppc and then open media player's URL.Choose URL you have set just now.
OK you are able to enjoy your movie with ease.
Do you want to try?[/code]

Jason Dunn
06-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Huh? 8O

surur
06-07-2005, 04:56 PM
I assume he has found a way to stream movies using ISS and activesync.

I would personally not run ISS on my home box (too many people are out to get it).

Surur

Sven Johannsen
06-07-2005, 06:11 PM
You wouldn't need to involve AS in this. Even in the description he opens the file from the URL option in MP. IIS does support streaming video, and MP is a streaming client, so that's essentially all you need. Personal Web Server should be able to do it as well I think. That option existed in W2K, but I don't see it in XP. Probably a good thing.

You can do something similar with Media Encoder. I haven't played with that for a while, but I think the shortcoming is that you can't just have a directory of videos and pick one from the PPC, like you can with a web server.

Menneisyys
06-08-2005, 10:11 AM
ppc can through sychronized data line or wireless network card call on pc's
disk and play its movie.
1 you should setup a service software. What I use the operating system‘s
release is win2000 advancedserver which bundle with iis server that is necessery.
2 then you make the catalogue of web's issuance pointed at movie's catalogue of HD.and then opening the URL you have set is OK.
<example> the movies you have compressed is saved E:\\movie,then open property of web site of iss or pws and set your server ip for instance i set ip is 192.168.0.1 Afterward set local Path is E:\\movie in page of home directory. Finally selected directory borwsing is all right.
<play test> Activesync your ppc and then open media player's URL.Choose URL you have set just now.
OK you are able to enjoy your movie with ease.
Do you want to try?[/code]

If your video files are encoded under 200 kbps (because of the restrictions of Bluetooth (BT)) and you want to access them via BT, you can also use the method described at http://www.pocketpcmag.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16254