View Full Version : Is my iPAQ 5xxx really a phone?

danflat
06-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Whoopie!My first post.Thank you.My iPAQ 5xxx has,if I remember correctly,a SIM card holder behind the battery,with an unpleasant sticker over it warning against its use.Now that the year's guarantee is up- what's it for?Is there a way to use the device as a phone- before shelling out for some swivvel-screen convergent masterpiece- apart from my current sleeve/Aircard brick setup? :?:

Menneisyys
06-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Whoopie!My first post.Thank you.My iPAQ 5xxx has,if I remember correctly,a SIM card holder behind the battery,with an unpleasant sticker over it warning against its use.Now that the year's guarantee is up- what's it for?Is there a way to use the device as a phone- before shelling out for some swivvel-screen convergent masterpiece- apart from my current sleeve/Aircard brick setup? :?:

You can't use it as a phone. It's a "dumb" SIM slot - there are not even pins in there.

Dave Beauvais
06-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Actually, the h5400 series did have contacts in the slot and the slot had a white dummy card in it. The contacts were omitted in the h5500 series and the slot was covered with a "don't remove under penalty of death" sticker. :)