View Full Version : A little confused..

playtothebeat
06-04-2005, 01:25 AM
i was just looking at "SPB Pocket Plus" and one of the features it has is:
"You can train your close button to really close applications on tap, to minimize them on gesture, and to open a context menu on tap-and-hold. "

i dont udnerstand that. what does "really close" mean. do the application not close on pocket PCs when you hit the X button in the upper right corner? i'm looking at an rx3115 if that matters..

Darius Wey
06-04-2005, 02:51 AM
The X button, by default, across all Pocket PCs, is designed to smart minimise the application, not close it. So although you hit the X button, your application is still running in the background. The only way to properly close it is to go to Settings > Memory, and close it from there, which is a real pain if you have to do it every 30 seconds. Spb Pocket Plus adds "real close" functionality, so hitting the X button actually closes the program (i.e. it doesn't run in the background) unless you set up program exceptions which can be done in the program's Options menu.

Sven Johannsen
06-04-2005, 03:17 AM
You can actually set Pocket Plus to do what you want. I prefer the X button to do a smart minimize as the device was designed. I set Pocket Plust to bring up a menu when I tap and hold, that has close and close all options as well as app switching. You can set it to your preference.

The smart minimize lets you leave apps open like minimizing them on a PC so you can get right back to where you left off quickly. It is a matter of how you like to work and Pocket Plus will accomodate your wish.

Patrick Y.
06-04-2005, 11:21 PM
You can actually set Pocket Plus to do what you want. I prefer the X button to do a smart minimize as the device was designed.

Me too! It is better to close than smart minimize a program; it improves the performance of the device.