View Full Version : Uninstalling Software

venge
06-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Do i need to be worrying about running any utilities to clean the registry or to do anything like a defrag etc. I have installed alot of trial software on PPC as well removed alot of the useless stuff as well. I have not had any issues with the unit as of yet but looking for input if i need to be running anything to clean her up any better.

thanks in advance.

Darius Wey
06-04-2005, 03:06 AM
I wouldn't call it necessary, but it'd be a nice idea. However, as with the PC, you should take caution when using "cleaning" apps as they can occasionally do more harm than good. Having said that, a lot of us have given MemMaid a go and it works great. They continually update it to iron out any bugs, etc. so you can rely on them for decent support.

Here's a link: http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&productId=123995&productType=2

venge
06-04-2005, 06:37 AM
Darius Wey, thanks for the reply. I have d/l the demo and will follow soon for the Full version as it seems to be what i am looking for.

cheers!

venge

Patrick Y.
06-04-2005, 11:17 PM
My Pocket PC always gets REALLY crabby and slow if I don't clean it once in a while. Besides, deletion of useless stuffs helps to increase the memory. Personally, I prefer FastCleanup and SKTOOLs(very, very nice). :D