View Full Version : Anyone have a PSP ?

Shaun Stuart
06-02-2005, 08:13 PM
I was toying with the idea of getting a PSP but would like some advice on the screen. How viewable is it outside ??

Any one got any experience with it - how does it compare with a PPC screen ?

Stake
06-04-2005, 07:26 AM
I've had one since its release. The screen is amazing and viewing angle is very wide however, there are many who have dead pixels. Second, there's a space between the LCD and the plastic body so dust is also an issue. The only was you can clean it is to take it apart. So beware of that. Between the PPC screen and the PSP, they're almost comparable. I think I give the PPC (VGA) a slight edge since the pixel density is lower on the PSP. However, you will be amazed at the size of the PSP screen and how clear it is.

On viewabiltiy outdoors, you might as well forget it. I've tried playing it outside in direct and indirect light and it's impossible to see.

I only recommend getting one if you're a gamer. It's not really practical as an MP3 player or a personal media player if you have a PPC already. Memory Stick is still very expensive and you won't be able to use that in the Sony. It's nice to have pre-recorded movies but you won't be able to play them elsewhere. It's just another movie format to condend with.

You could get one just to be cool. And it's one cool device.

Shaun Stuart
06-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the feedback - If the screen isnt viewable outdoors it makes the device lot less useful to me.

mv
06-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Tried one - fingerprint magnet. YouŽll have the screen really scratched in a few days just by removing the fingerprints.