View Full Version : A collection of toys - what to do?

csterns
05-24-2005, 02:29 PM
I've got a collection of toys accumulating that I should probably do something with but what?

1) I-Mate PKD2K Pocket PC Phone - currently use a my West Coast phone (although all incoming calls are transferred to my Motorola Razor) and Pocket PC (I have an East Coast phone and West Coast phone for business purposes). I purchased this because of the slide out keyboard and the obvious upgrade of the HTC Pocket PC Phone.
2) HTC Pocket PC Phone - my old phone that sits charged as a back up (my sister's used it for that a couple of times).
3) Dell Axim 30 - I originally got this because of the deal offered. Too good not to buy it based on the offer. Its been used as a GPS device and now a dedicated Pocket DVD movie player. With it's spare extra large battery its ideal For now it sits in its cradle.
4) IPAQ 3835 - my wife uses it but not a heavy user so an upgrade would be wasted. She's not into gadgets.

So, as you can see I have some redundancy here but can't seem to part with them but I know I do. If I did part with them what and where would they go? Any suggestions?

Sven Johannsen
05-24-2005, 02:50 PM
Around here that's not a collection. That's a pretty minimalist setup ;)

csterns
05-24-2005, 03:06 PM
OK, it's small for a non-techie guy 8O - do old cell phones qualify? Because of they did I could really give you a list. :D

Sven Johannsen
05-24-2005, 04:54 PM
OK, it's small for a non-techie guy 8O - do old cell phones qualify? Because of they did I could really give you a list. :D

If you want something worthwhile to do with old cell phones, most cities have some sort of program to provide them to folks that may be endangered but cannot afford a phone (battered women). Even without a plan, an old cell can dial 911 in an emergency.

Stephen Beesley
05-24-2005, 09:47 PM
I've got a collection of toys accumulating that I should probably do something with but what?

1) I-Mate PKD2K Pocket PC Phone - currently use a my West Coast phone (although all incoming calls are transferred to my Motorola Razor) and Pocket PC (I have an East Coast phone and West Coast phone for business purposes). I purchased this because of the slide out keyboard and the obvious upgrade of the HTC Pocket PC Phone.
2) HTC Pocket PC Phone - my old phone that sits charged as a back up (my sister's used it for that a couple of times).
3) Dell Axim 30 - I originally got this because of the deal offered. Too good not to buy it based on the offer. Its been used as a GPS device and now a dedicated Pocket DVD movie player. With it's spare extra large battery its ideal For now it sits in its cradle.
4) IPAQ 3835 - my wife uses it but not a heavy user so an upgrade would be wasted. She's not into gadgets.

So, as you can see I have some redundancy here but can't seem to part with them but I know I do. If I did part with them what and where would they go? Any suggestions?

Well it seems to me that all of your gadgets have a dedicated use - so in my book you should keep them and enjoy each in its own right.

If, on the otherhand, you feel you need to slim down then I would ebay whatever you can live without. The Axim in particular you might get reasonable money for depending on what specs it has.