View Full Version : Deteriorating imate Jam -Software Problems? -Please help if you can.

encece
05-24-2005, 02:56 AM
I've had my jam for about two months now and mostly, I'm very happy with it. I have the latest US ROM installed.

Lately it seems to progressively deteriorate as far as reliability and I believe it's a software issue and was wondering if anyone experienced the same problems.

I have Newsbreak, SPB Weather, Diary, Plus installed as well as many other apps but I believe these or a combination of these are causing me problems. I also mention these as they are the one's that access the internet automatically, along with INBOX).

After a hard reset and fresh install of everything, all seems to run fine. Then I start to get alarm problems...they dont go off.

Then, I begin to get GPRS connection problems that can only be fixed with a soft reset.

I have also been noticing huge lags on startup and refresh on my today screen.

I have tried installing one app at a time after a hard reset to see if I could single out the culprit, but everything seems to work well on their own. Then all work well together for the first few day or two. But after that...kerplunk!

I have a PPCPE becuase I like all of the connectivity apps like newsbreak and weather. I like getting my email on my PPC wherever I am at. But all of this has proven to be undoable unless I am prepared to soft reset before syncing.

SOmething is wrong and I dont know what it is. Any ideas based on the scattered info I have provided?