View Full Version : I-Mate JAM Feedback

jimto
05-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Hello All,

I have been using the I-mate JAM for a few months now. So far, I concur with many reviews on the web about its size and functionality. Overall, it is a very cool tool for those on the go.

There is something that all users should know. DON'T wet the screen with anything, especially with screen cleaner liquid. Here some information about that. The screen consists of 2 parts: a glass with a mylar (plastic) sheet pressed together. This process caused a negative pressure between the glass and the mylar sheet.

This is what happened. I used Kleen and wipe the screen. Some of the fluid seeped under the edge, and then get sucked in between the glass and the mylar sheet of the screen. Immediately, the screen becomes useless; it will no longer accept pen input. There is no way to dry it out either because there is no air circulating through this space. The only way to fix this is to take the unit apart, clean it, and then put it all back.

I could fix it on my own, so I sent my unit to PocketPCTechs.com. I highly recommend this company for their service and quality of work. In no time, they got my JAM back in working order. They even call me to let me know that; how's that for service! I am so happy with them that I have decided to have them upgrade my JAM with a 128MB RAM.

The folks at PocketPCTechs are cool... give them a call if you run into an issue with your pocket pcs. So far, everything is working out well with my improved JAM, and I love this little toy!

MitchellO
05-24-2005, 10:05 AM
How much did the repair cost you??

I use a glasses cloth to clean my screen. No chemicals.

jimto
05-26-2005, 08:27 PM
How much did the repair cost you??

I use a glasses cloth to clean my screen. No chemicals.
The repair cost is $45 for diagnostic and cleaning. Since I have decided to upgrade my JAM with 128MB, PocketPCTech gave me the discount and took that off from the price of the upgrade... Cool people to work with!

MitchellO
05-27-2005, 05:03 AM
Nice!