View Full Version : HP calculator emulators

Patrick Y.
05-22-2005, 01:49 AM
Hi,

I'm new to these kind of stuff. Recently, I download GNU Emu98CE, which also includes ROM files of several HP calculators. However, the program automatically closed itself when I open it. As I said before, I know almost nothing about how emulators work. Do you need to have a HP calculator? What do you do with the ROM files?

Thanks.

jickbahtech
05-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Hey,
I remember that I did get this program to work, but I dont remember how. I think the bigger problem was getting a good picture of the calculator to get it working. That and even though its a really big program (with ROM) it doesn't like being put on a card or in File store. I ended up not keepin it though, because it was a little useless. It ran slow, crashed, and you couldn't see all of the screen and keys at the same time.
The TI Calc emulator works a little better (though there ROMS aren't free), and if you really want a good calculator you should check out lygea.com. They aren't free, but substantially cheaper than trying to buy these calcs for real. I use the 12c, and my dad uses the 15. Amazingly spot on the originals, and totally stable (not to mention pretty quick too).
Hope that helps!

Patrick Y.
05-22-2005, 11:41 PM
I remember that I did get this program to work, but I dont remember how. I think the bigger problem was getting a good picture of the calculator to get it working. That and even though its a really big program (with ROM) it doesn't like being put on a card or in File store. I ended up not keepin it though, because it was a little useless. It ran slow, crashed, and you couldn't see all of the screen and keys at the same time.

I think there is a change in HP's license agreement that allow people to distribute ROM and picture of the calculator freely. The installation package I downloaded recently everything. Though, I can't open the program for some reason. Any ideas? Also, where do you put the ROM files?