View Full Version : Why isn't this site formatted for PPC???

lorettaboy
05-21-2005, 07:31 PM
I am just wondering if there are any plans in the future to make this site more PPC friendly?
It's nice that you can navigate the front page on PPC, but that makes its usefullness quite limited. I find that this site is one of the few that still makes me press the "OK" button several times to get it to load.

Jacob
05-21-2005, 07:42 PM
That's one of the benefits of subscribing to the site.

Jon Westfall
05-21-2005, 08:53 PM
I am just wondering if there are any plans in the future to make this site more PPC friendly?
It's nice that you can navigate the front page on PPC, but that makes its usefullness quite limited. I find that this site is one of the few that still makes me press the "OK" button several times to get it to load.

The subscriber mobile access is really worth the price if you like to browse this site from your PPC. I've been a subscriber since Feb. 2004 and have never had an issue with the mobile forums on my devices. Its only $3 a month. Take a look at the subscribe link above.

Jon.

tut00
05-21-2005, 09:50 PM
I never even new that was an option... I am using the trial raight now. I will definitely be becoming a subscriber!!!

Hrun
05-21-2005, 10:55 PM
I never even new that was an option... I am using the trial raight now. I will definitely be becoming a subscriber!!!

This repeats my issues a few months ago. One of the few things that brings in revenue and adds value to your members experience is one of your best kept secrets!

Time you started advertising on your own site methinks

Giles

Darius Wey
05-22-2005, 03:21 AM
I find that this site is one of the few that still makes me press the "OK" button several times to get it to load.

Interesting. I've never had this problem when logged in or logged out of my subscriber account. If I may ask, what Pocket PC do you use when visiting the site?

Janak Parekh
05-22-2005, 04:05 AM
Interesting. I've never had this problem when logged in or logged out of my subscriber account. If I may ask, what Pocket PC do you use when visiting the site?
If you're not a subscriber, and you visit the forums using a WM2003 Second Edition device, every flash subscriber button will trigger an OK popup (a side-effect of the Eolas patent).

Either getting a mobile forums subscription, or buying a "OK killer" (there's one on Handango, I believe) relieves this. It has nothing to do with PPCT per se.

--janak

Darius Wey
05-22-2005, 04:14 AM
If you're not a subscriber, and you visit the forums using a WM2003 Second Edition device, every flash subscriber button will trigger an OK popup (a side-effect of the Eolas patent).

Er... :worried: Yes, I sort of forgot everything I said last year. (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33578) :lol:

At least there's a workaround for it now. ;)

airconvent
05-22-2005, 06:33 PM
the daily news still works for avantgo. I read it everyday on my jornada.
I suppose you are talking about the forums?

Janak Parekh
05-22-2005, 11:05 PM
the daily news still works for avantgo. I read it everyday on my jornada.
I suppose you are talking about the forums?
Yup - the mobile frontpage is free. :)

--janak