View Full Version : Any news about new release of i-mate jam?

bravo
05-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Anybody knowing whether there will be an update of i-mate jam in the next 6 months?

Darius Wey
05-20-2005, 12:39 AM
You mean a new variant of the i-mate JAM (hardware-based) or a ROM update (software-based)? There's a new ROM update available if you haven't got your hands on it already.

bravo
05-23-2005, 06:29 PM
Well, I meant both...:-)

BTW, where can I download the ROM update?

ChristopherTD
05-24-2005, 07:27 AM
The rom update is at www.clubimate.com

You need to register using the IMEI number of your phone, and it will take a number of attempts to get a clean download. Their server is very stressed.

I updated to ROM 1.11 from 1.03 and the sound quality on phonecalls is a little better. The bluetooth bugs are different with this ROM, but by and large it works pretty well.

I love the Jam, but it always feels a wee bit flaky. After this ROM upgrade I have installed less Today plugins to see if it speeds up at all.

Darius Wey
05-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Well, I meant both...:-)

In terms of new hardware, nothing official has been announced yet. It's most probable that the new line of i-mate devices will feature Windows Mobile 5 though.

As for ROM updates, ChristopherTD has already spoken about that. :)

bravo
05-29-2005, 09:55 PM
But what is actually this ROM update? What does it mean? Is it some sort of BIOS update or rather a firmware update fixing some hardware bugs and allowing it to run more smoothly? I guess the operating system will remain exactly the same, nothing will change in it. Am I right?

Darius Wey
05-30-2005, 03:33 AM
But what is actually this ROM update? What does it mean? Is it some sort of BIOS update or rather a firmware update fixing some hardware bugs and allowing it to run more smoothly? I guess the operating system will remain exactly the same, nothing will change in it. Am I right?

Unless otherwise specified, yes, the operating system will be the same. Think of the ROM update as being similar to a firmware update. However, it doesn't mean you can simply flash-and-go. Flashing your device with the new ROM will result in a hard reset, so you need to reinstall all your applications again.

JvanEkris
05-30-2005, 11:30 AM
This ROM-update improves: GSM speech quality Bluetooth stability problems some mino things

Jaap