View Full Version : i730 & The wi fi debate, can it be cracked????

q-live
05-19-2005, 06:20 AM
Quick question, do you think wi fi is built in and maybe someone can hack it and have it cut on ??? how posible is this??? someone said that the blue angle or xv6600 for verizon that they relased in january has wi fi built in but disabled. The only thing is i havent seen anyone crack it to make the wi fi work on it.

Darius Wey
05-19-2005, 07:02 AM
According to reports, the Samsung i730 will have Wi-Fi (note that the SPH-M4300 also has Wi-Fi), so I'm not sure why you'd have to go to such extremes to have it "hacked".

Janak Parekh
05-19-2005, 03:30 PM
According to reports, the Samsung i730 will have Wi-Fi (note that the SPH-M4300 also has Wi-Fi), so I'm not sure why you'd have to go to such extremes to have it "hacked".
It's not clear if Verizon will ship the i730 with WiFi enabled. However, discussing cracking it is indeed very premature -- no one even has the device yet, and for all we know it may ship with WiFi enabled...

--janak

q-live
05-20-2005, 12:08 AM
i understand but i wanna be ready and have everybody ready just incase they fffff up like they did with the xv6600 ...... i mean they were stupid one time never no how stupid they gonna be again. Also i wanted to know if the rumors were true about the xv6600 having wi fi but just disabled.... because if so i havent seen anyone trying to OPEN the wi fi part up yet.

Janak Parekh
05-20-2005, 05:32 AM
i understand but i wanna be ready and have everybody ready just incase they fffff up like they did with the xv6600 ...... i mean they were stupid one time never no how stupid they gonna be again. Also i wanted to know if the rumors were true about the xv6600 having wi fi but just disabled.... because if so i havent seen anyone trying to OPEN the wi fi part up yet.
I've read it both ways; too hard to conclude. You're just going to have to wait.

--janak

Master O'Mayhem
05-26-2005, 01:55 AM
It will ship with Wifi. I have a production version. the question is if BT DUN and OBEX can be enabled.

Jon Westfall
05-26-2005, 01:59 AM
It will ship with Wifi. I have a production version. the question is if BT DUN and OBEX can be enabled.

I can understand why OBEX might be disabled because they want to sell you ringtones and other assorted junk, but wouldn't DUN be a good selling point since professionals can use it to connect to the net through a BT enabled device? Or am I missing something?

Master O'Mayhem
05-26-2005, 02:02 AM
it would be nice to even connect via usb and dial through it..