View Full Version : Phone loudspeaker/conference mode

DervMan
05-18-2005, 08:44 PM
A work colleague has an O2 xda IIi which has the facility for using the phone in loudspeaker mode rather than holding it to your ear. I have the T-Mobile MDA III but can't see how to do the same thing. The hardware is pretty much the same so I'm assuming it's just a software feature somewhere. Can anyone suggest how I might go about getting this working on my PPC?

I've tried searching in the usual places but I'm having troubling finding what I want, any suggestions as what I should search for? I've tried stuff like Pocket PC 2003 phone loudspeaker....

Thanks

Project23a
05-19-2005, 06:05 AM
You can normally activate the speakerphone mode on the MDA III by holding down the green "answer call" button for three seconds while in a call. To disable, hold down the same green "answer call" button for three more seconds, and you'll return to the normal output level suitable for holding up to your ear.

Don't forget to keep the device away from your ear when you are enabling the speakerphone mode, as the sudden increase in volume could damage your hearing! :microwave:

DervMan
05-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Fantastic, that did the trick.

Many thanks.