View Full Version : Gomadic vs. SupplyNet speed

mistame
05-17-2005, 10:01 PM
So here's the deal: I used to have a Gomadic cable to go from my LG VX8000 to my hp 4700. I have EVDO service enabled on my phone but only got around 10-12kb/s on my pda when surfing the net which was disappointing. I recently hooked up my phone to my computer with a USB cable and got ~130-250kb/s speeds. It would seem that the gomadic cable was the limiting factor (and i did have the higher speed dialing options setup). My question is will the SupplyNet cable be any better/faster (assuming the cable was the problem)? just wanted to investigate before i shelled out $60

jaarso
05-18-2005, 01:41 AM
............. My question is will the SupplyNet cable be any better/faster (assuming the cable was the problem)? just wanted to investigate before i shelled out $60

My response doesn't answer your question but I wanted to let you know that there is a better way. I am sure that your LG VX8000 is not bluetooth capable but if and when you ever do get a bluetooth capable phone, your life will be much easier. I used to use a Gomadic cable a couple years ago and it was ok for the time. When I discovered the world of bluetooth, I was freed from having to carry the damn cable.

I found that using a bluetooth connection between my phone and PPC is much more stable than the cable. My connection never drops and it is just so much more reliable. With bluetooth technology, the phone and PPC can be as far as 30 feet apart. That comes in handy if I ever need to put the phone in the window sill of the room that I am in to get a better signal. Just my 2 cents on the matter.