View Full Version : Meal planning software?

ctmagnus
05-17-2005, 01:15 AM
I'm looking for a good meal-plannig program - something that lets me enter the info then has a nice display that essentially says

Monday
Breakfast
-----
-----

Lunch
----
----

Supper/dinner
-----

Tuesday
Breakfast
----

Any takers?

SteveHoward999
05-17-2005, 02:23 AM
Sounds like something you could do easily with Pocket Exel ... ?

ctmagnus
05-17-2005, 03:37 AM
Actually, I was thinking Pocket Word and saving it as an rtf, but PWord and PExcel are just so simple. I want a dedicated app, dang it! :mrgreen:

I saw something along those lines here once but I was unable to find it again.

Oreocat
05-17-2005, 04:49 AM
I'm not sure this would work, but have you checked out RecipeWorks? It has a menu planner, although it's a side feature, and not the main focus of the program. It may be more than you wanted, however.

It's worked really well for us, making it much easier to plan a menu, then have the shopping list (another feature) made off of it, ready for us when we go shopping. Plus it's nice to have our favorite recipes handy, in case of sales or simply changing our minds :)

Also, RW is made by Jason Dunn, and you know he's got a good idea of what works and what doesn't, plus he responds fairly quickly to questions or problems.

His site is at http://www.softwaredr.com/RW/index.html, if you want to check into it some more and see if it may be what you want/need :)

Darius Wey
05-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Also, RW is made by Jason Dunn, and you know he's got a good idea of what works and what doesn't, plus he responds fairly quickly to questions or problems.

Hang on, this isn't the same Jason Dunn that operates this site, is it? :?

Oreocat
05-17-2005, 02:20 PM
Yup, I do believe it is the same Jason Dunn :)