View Full Version : Sandisk SD WiFi

chrishch
05-16-2005, 05:16 PM
I have an O2 XDA II. With WiFi, I use a Sandisk SD WiFi card (model: SDWSDB-000), and it was purchased in October 2004.

Unfortunatly, my card has become defective. I contacted Sandisk support. They originally said they will send me a box to ship back the defective card. That box never came after six weeks. They never sent a replacement either. Now, this particular model is discontinued.

Apparently, they no longer have anything in stock either and would not be able to send me a replacement. So, am I SOL? I read from their site that the ones with 256MB memory (model: SDWSDB-256) aren't compatible with the XDA II.

Would anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I just feel being screwed over... :cry:

Jason Dunn
05-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Did you try following up with them after they never sent you the box the first time? What did they say?

Paragon
05-17-2005, 02:35 AM
If things don't work out with Sandisk and a replacement, Spectec have a new card out. It is very small, and only sticks out about 1/4" It uses less power than the Sandisk, and has better transfer speeds. I've been using one for a couple of weeks and love it.

Impact Wireless have it on their site for $109 CND:
http://www.impactwireless.ca/accessories.aspx?manufacturer=Spectec

Dave

Darius Wey
05-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Would anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I just feel being screwed over... :cry:

Which country are you in? I know some countries still have the SDWSDB-000 in stock. If Sandisk don't budge, try heading back to the store you got it from and see what their return policy is. Usually, they'll help you do something about it if it's defective.

chrishch
05-17-2005, 05:42 PM
I am located in Canada, but the card was originally bought in Hong Kong back in October.

When I didn't receive the box after three weeks, I called them, and I was told it was being process and I should receive it in a few days. I asked for a tracking number, but of course, they did not have the information... probably because it hasn't been sent.

Now, they just say they don't have stock, and they don't even offer any options. I thought this card has "lifetime warranty"... I guess in this case, the lifetime means the lifetime of the manufacturing cycle. As more and more PDAs have build-in Wi-Fi, there is probably no demand for this product anymore and they decided to stop making them. Oh well...

Janak Parekh
05-17-2005, 06:04 PM
Whether or not you take further action boils down to whether or not there's warranty on it.

If there is, try escalating the issue. Writing a letter to the president of Sandisk, etc. I know some people here have reported on the mediocre support that Sandisk provides, and that persistence is the key.

If there is not, I'm afraid you'll probably have to bite the bullet. :(

--janak