View Full Version : overclocking xda 2 mini

sekinoss
05-16-2005, 04:31 AM
Hi all. I'm trying to overclock my xda 2 mini. Any ideas on which program I should use + settings? Anyone tried o'cing their xda minis?

Jon Westfall
05-16-2005, 04:34 AM
I don't remember what the processor in the Mini is, but I know my regular XDA II used to be easy to overclock with a program called CPU XScaler, which may work on the mini. Pocket HackMaster is also something you may want to look into. To be honest, I don't remember any good overclocking info about the Mini coming up.

Chris Spera
05-17-2005, 03:59 PM
the JAM/Mini, et all, have an Intel Belvedere (PXA272..?) processor running at 416mHz.

I know that XCPUScaler will run on it. PHM will also run, but you'll need to be very careful with it. Its very specific about how it does what it does, and you may run into device lockups and hard resets before you get it set just the right way.

I've had more success with XCPUScaler on my PDA2k.

Kadegboye
05-18-2005, 06:34 AM
Hi,
Although I am not new to this forum, I don't know what you mean by overclocking you device. Can you please explain? Thanks.
Kay.

MitchellO
05-21-2005, 06:54 AM
Overclocking means making the processor run faster than it is rated. For example, in the XDA II Mini the processor runs at 416Mhz. Overclocking it would make it go faster than the original 416Mhz, to say 500Mhz. It is normally used to increase performance, often for video playback from what I've read. higher resolutions, bitrates and fps can be achieved.

Kadegboye
05-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Thank you Mitchelo, for the information. I have not tried to overclock my original XDA II. May be one of these days, I will try it. However, this machine has been doing excellently well with the programs I use it for (medical programs, internet and the phone function).
Kay.