View Full Version : Photo viewing programme for PPC

dannyb
05-15-2005, 01:28 PM
I have downloaded Resco Photo Viewer and intended to use it to get a photo and use it as my screensaver on the today page. However, although I can see it well in the programme and can save it as a screen saver, when it becomes the screen saver it is very milky and faded, no matter what I do with it. Is there a programme that would do this better for me? I have an Ipaq 3970 using windows 2002

Jon Westfall
05-15-2005, 01:43 PM
For a 'screen saver' type program, I've always used Dockware from Ilium Software. It works nicely and displays a clock / calendar while your PPC sits in its cradle. http://www.iliumsoft.com is the address.

dannyb
05-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Hi Jon, I've just downloaded and installed that programme, but, how do you get to put any photos that you want into it??

Darius Wey
05-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Hi Jon, I've just downloaded and installed that programme, but, how do you get to put any photos that you want into it??

For the basic (i.e. free) version of the program, you need to have the pictures stored in the Dockware folder. One of the limitations of the free version is that you cannot choose the location of the photos. As long as you can deal with that, it should suit you well.

Once you fire up Dockware, the photos should automatically display in the background.

dannyb
05-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Darius, thanks for that, I've managed to download some of my photos now and think I will buy the pro.version. After all, it's cheap enough isn't it. Thanks a lot folks for the help.